A Guide to Minibus Insurance Cover
What you need to know…
For minibus owners, having a good insurance policy in place is absolutely essential. The good news is that finding a good insurance policy for minibuses is now easier than ever. There are many insurance providers who specialise in this type of cover and offer policies to suit all needs and budgets. Some of the types of cover you can have included in a policy include:
- Fully comprehensive, third party only; third party, fire and theft
- Private and Public Hire Insurance for Taxi Minibuses
- Policies for any drivers between the ages of 21 and 70
- Replacement minibus for non-fault accidents
- Breakdown Assistance
The Benefits Of Minibus Insurance
Whilst paying for insurance is something that nobody relishes it’s important to understand the benefits of being covered by a good policy. Aside from the leg
al obligation to have insurance for your minibus, having a good level of cover will give you great peace of mind by knowing that if you were to be involved in an accident, you would be protected. Another benefit of having minibus insurance is that many insurance providers also offer breakdown assistance so no matter where you are, you’ll never be stranded.
How Cost is Determined
There are certain key factors that will determine how much you pay for a policy which include:
- Value of the Minibus – The value of your minibus is going to be one of the biggest determining factors when it comes to the cost of an insurance policy. Insurance providers must take into account the possibility of your minibus being written off and therefore needing to be replaced. The value of the vehicle’s parts will also have an effect on cost.
- Age of the Driver – Drivers who are 25 years old or younger will usually pay more for their insurance simply because they’re more likely to make a claim.
- How Secure the Minibus is – If your minibus is left parked on the street without any security measures fitted such as an alarm then you’re certainly going to pay more than if it was securely parked with an alarm, immobiliser and steering wheel lock.
- Level of Cover – Of course the number of options you have included in the policy will also affect the price. Most people choose to get the most comprehensive cover they can afford for peace of mind.
How to Save Money
- Secure Your Vehicle – Minibuses are expensive vehicles and therefore can be targeted by thieves. If possible you should park your minibus in a locked garage when it’s not being used. As a minimum you should have it fitted with an alarm and immobiliser. Taking these measures will certainly reduce the cost of your policy.
- Get Multiple Quotes – Getting quotes for minibus insurance is now incredibly easy so there’s no excuse for not doing this. When you can compare multiple quotes side by side you can make a much more informed decision regarding who to get your insurance with.
- Pay Annually – If you’re able to pay for your insurance annually then you should always do this. Nearly all insurance providers will offer you a discount for paying up front.
Cover Available for all types of Businesses and Charity Group
- Public and Private Hire Minibus Insurance
- Charity Minibus Insurance
- Church Group Minibus Insurance
- Nursing Home Minibus Insurance
- Pleasure Use Minibus Insurance
- Commercial Minibus Insurance
- School Minibus Insurance
Get Minibus Insurance Quotes Now
One of the very best ways to save money on minibus insurance is by getting multiple quotes and you can now do this all from one place. By clicking the button below and providing a few details you’ll have access to tailored quotes from a panel of minibus insurance specialists. Then all you have to do is decide which offers you the best value for money. It’s as simple as that! Click below to get started.